Message from Michael K. Klauck, President. Please feel free to forward to any of your Can-Eng Contacts.
There are new Province of Ontario orders closing all Non-Essential businesses due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Effective midnight Tuesday March 24, 2020 all Non-Essential businesses are to remain closed for fourteen (14) days. The orders exempt Essential businesses and CAN-ENG qualifies as an Essential business under the Provincial Guidelines. In an abundance of caution, and in the interest of the Provincial Guidelines to stay home, we will activate our remote work plan which will result in alternate working arrangements for certain aspects of our business. Our update today includes the following:
• All CAN-ENG Sales, Procurement, and Logistics will continue to operate remotely from home based offices. Procurement for long lead items will be placed to our global supply chain as Engineering releases are made available
• Engineering of current contracts will continue remotely, including all SOLIDWORKS 3-D design. A system is in place for review and Electronic approvals of key Drawing packages.
• We plan on making every effort to maintain our delivery dates and by working remotely over the next 2 weeks we will have minimal disruption in our work flow. The Company is prepared to work overtime as necessary to ensure on time deliveries.
• Our Shipping and Receiving facility will be open to regular day time deliveries. For any questions, contact Purchasing Department (PurchasingDept@can-eng.com).
• Spare Parts are available for shipment from our facility which remains open. Please contact Chris Watson (email@example.com) regarding any Spare Parts inquiries.
• Manufacturing and Production will continue to operate.
We want to emphasize that CAN-ENG is open for business, we are operating on a modified basis that will have no to minimal impact on our ability to deliver equipment on time. We have taken precautionary measures that are designed to further strengthen our Social Distancing Policy in line with Provincial Guidelines. CAN-ENG has secured significant new contracts in Q1 2020, and our business fundamentals are strong. It is our intention to provide an additional update as the situation evolves.